Panax ginseng supplements are made from roots of the ginseng plant. The Panax ginseng extracts is obtained after immersing the roots of the plant in either water or alcohol or combination of alcohol and water mixture to extract the constituents. This process makes Panax ginseng supplements last longer than directly grounded powder.
Few continents are using Panax ginseng from decades and is quite popular in the form of dietary supplements. The extract of Panax ginseng is used as an adaptogen i.e., a natural product that helps body defend against the stress caused mentally or physically.
The Panax ginseng supplements are highly used in Chinese medicine in the form of a health tonic and even used by athletes and sports persons to relieve their physical stress. Currently, Panax ginseng extracts are not only used for relieving stress but also used to correct immune function, concentration, memory, stamina, fatigue, infertility, depression, diabetes, anxiety and so on.
Panax ginseng plant is grown in different countries and regions but even though they are part of the same genus, they do have partial differences biochemically. Traditional Chinese medicine used ginseng extract to treat various health disorders. Since, the extracts provide stimulating effect on young people and for elderly people it had restorative effect.
Benefits of Panax ginseng
- The current uses of Panax ginseng root extracts are various and the herb is considered to cure many health issues.
- The extracts of Panax ginseng are often used to deal stressful situations to improve cognitive performances especially by sports persons and athletes.
- The Panax ginseng plant extracts are considered scientifically and used to help reduce the frequent colds and flu’s.
- The extracts also have the power to increase resistance power in the individuals who often fall sick.
- Panax ginseng supplements reduce symptoms associated with heart disease.
- Individuals using ginseng extracts often experience improved alertness and cognitive function.
- In some cases, ginsenosides and saponins dosage are able to improve mental performance.
- Most of the athletes use ginseng extracts to improve performance and endurance and more widely to increase athletic performance.
Dosage and side effects of Panax ginseng
- Panax ginseng extract is well put up when consumed orally and with proper guidance.
- According to medicos, the supplementation of Panax ginseng should not exceed more than six weeks.
- Panax ginseng extracts do not cause severe side effects but users should be aware of dosages.
- Large dosages of Panax ginseng supplements should be avoided.
- The supplements of Panax ginseng should not be used with other stimulants.
- The possible side effects of Panax ginseng when used along with other medications like albuterol, clonidine and sildenafil.
- The supplement can lead to agitation in people who are diagnosed with schizophrenia.
- The extracts may cause mania in individuals with bi polar disorder.
- Panax ginseng supplements should be consumed after consulting doctor.
- Panax ginseng extract dosages vary according to the strength of the extract.
- Dosage should not exceed more than 400 mg per day.