Settled concrete affects the aesthetics of commercial properties and must be repaired as soon as possible. Concrete slabs can settle in for a number of reasons, but usually, it is related to soil conditions. While there are many ways of lifting uneven concrete slabs, polyurethane foam concrete lifting is certainly the most popular method. In this post, we will talk of the benefits of this technique over mudjacking, which is the traditional technique.
- Simpler process. Well, polyurethane foam concrete lifting is certainly an easier process. One or a few dime-sized holes are drilled on the concrete surface, and the polyurethane foam is injected, which later expands underneath and causes the surface to rise. Mudjacking, on the other hand, uses concrete mix to lift the slabs, and therefore, the process requires more time and effort.
- Minimal materials are required. Since polyurethane foam is lightweight, concrete lifting can be done for a lot less material. Mudjacking usually need a considerable amount of concrete, which must be mixed aptly and should be used more carefully to get the same job done. The injection holes that must be drilled are also much smaller, so when the filling is already done, there is limited work afterwards.
- For commercial concrete lifting work, the last thing you would expect is downtime. With polyurethane foam, the area can be used soon after, as the method is effective and extremely useful for most requirements.
- As mentioned, polyurethane foam is a light material, and therefore, with this kind of technique, there is no unwanted or undue pressure on the ground underneath. In fact, this is one of the major downsides of mudjacking. You don’t have to bother about soil conditions with polyurethane foam concrete lifting.
- Since polyurethane foam expands effectively and quickly, there are limited concerns related to water and moisture. Additionally, you can always go for polyurethane foam that’s waterproof, which only adds to the functionality. The even expansion of polyurethane foam ensures that there are no concerns related to leaks and seepage.
Finally, do find a good commercial contractor for polyurethane foam concrete lifting. This is a special job that requires the right expertise, team, tools and equipment, and you would want to find a contractor that offers value for money. Make sure that the company is licensed and insured, and if you have any questions, talk to them directly, including the time and estimate for the job. Find the best options now!